The course will give you the fundamental knowledge that you need in order to implement a Multi-Dimensional Data Warehouse. And after completing the course, you will be able to implement minor adjustments and additions to your own Data Warehouse.
During the course, you will primarily be working on building and designing a multi-dimensional data warehouse in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. The course does not require previous training. No matter your level of knowledge and expertise, TARGIT’s experienced instructors will guide you through the course.
After completing the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand and use basic data warehouse techniques
- Plan, supervise, and monitor the implementation of a data warehouse from beginning to end
- Adjust an existing solution with minor, everyday adjustments and additions
- Basic data warehouse terms and definitions
- Construction of multi-dimensional data models with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Utilizing Named Calculations and Calculated Members
- Data migration with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ensuring data quality and integrity
- Building an advanced time dimension
- Expansion of the data model with new data using data manipulation
The course runs for two days.