The world’s largest independent survey of business intelligence users ranks TARGIT No. 1 in three categories against its peers

October 20, 2014

TARGIT Decision Suite tops market leaders Tableau and Qlik in user adoption and self-service.

BOSTON-- BARC, one of the world's leading analyzing companies for Data Management, Business Intelligence, and Enterprise Content Management, officially released the results of this year's BI Survey. The BARC BI Survey 14 report is based on findings from the world's largest and most comprehensive survey of business intelligence end-users. Of the market's leading 34 products that were analyzed in detail, across its peer groups TARGIT was a leading vendor in 12 categories and ranked No. 1 for three categories. TARGIT is the top ranked OLAP analysis vendor in big data analytics, the top ad-hoc reporting vendor in data discovery/visualization, and the top visual discovery vendor in implementer support.

According to Carsten Bange, BARC CEO and Founder, "TARGIT ranks as the top ad-hoc reporting vendor in data discovery and visualization capabilities. This important feature is increasingly being sought by enterprises seeking more effective ways for decision makers to absorb and act on data. TARGIT's interface is built to render easy-to-use graphics and data visualization to communication of analytical insights." 

The survey also measures competitive win rate. "TARGIT compares well with competitive offerings, and, significantly, tops market leaders such as Tableau and Qlik in the visual discovery area," says Bange. Looking specifically at data discovery vendors Tableau and Qlik TARGIT also outperforms these in areas such as self-service, user adoption, and implementer support. 

"What is especially unique for TARGIT is their inclusion across all of the three survey peer-groups; ad-hoc reporting, OLAP Analysis, and Data Discovery/Visualization. It illustrates TARGIT's holistic approach to designing one integrated solution for ad-hoc reporting, OLAP analysis and data discovery/visualization to meet the information needs across the enterprise. In fact, no other vendor in the survey is listed across all three peer-groups."

TARGIT is named a leading vendor in every peer group related to operational BI, big data analysis, and mobile BI with customers reporting the product's evolution and adaptation to enterprise requirements. In addition, the survey shows TARGIT is leading in all of its peer groups on innovation and on implementer support. 

Bange states, "Customers are increasingly turning to TARGIT for its mobile BI offerings. In terms of its OLAP tool, the company's stock has risen from ninth ranked in the 2012 survey to second place today. TARGIT's product suite is quite innovative in this category."

"The BARC user survey confirms our mission to support companies with an enterprise-wide solution that is tailored to make every business decision a data-driven one," says Morten Sandlykke, TARGIT CEO. "Customers apply our software throughout their enterprise for reporting, analytics, and ad-hoc data discovery - both on premise and via mobile applications. Our solutions are built to help break down department silos with better, easier ways to distribute information throughout the entire organization. I am very pleased to see our customers' recognition of this, and I am especially thrilled that they also rate us high for implementer support." 

The BARC survey is based on 3,224 responses. This year, 20 percent of TARGIT customer respondents classified themselves as TARGIT power users, while the remaining 80 percent were casual users, indicating its ease of use and simple interfaces appeal to a broad enterprise audience. TARGIT Customers were operating Decision Suite version 2013 or older. In September 2014 a new TARGIT Decision Suite 2014 was released.

Download the BARC BI Survey 14 and see how TARGIT ranks against competitors. 

BI Trend Monitor 2020

BI Trend Monitor 2020

BI Trend Monitor 2020

BI Trend Monitor 2020

We use cookies to improve your site experience, but they also provide us with information on your use of our website.
To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy. By continuing to browse the site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.