en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smilesmile  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:07:41 AM(UTC)
smilesmile

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello

I have created an analysis that shows Sales & Budget (measures) By Month

I've then created a vertical comparisson to show This Year & Last Year.

Is it possible to hide the budget for Last year in that comparison? I only want to show this years sales, this years budget and last month's sales:.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 6:39:51 AM(UTC)
Ole

From the Properties tab on the left of the TARGIT client, you can work with visibility.

Here, you can choose to "hide Budget for a range of comparison".

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Monika  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 10:10:15 AM(UTC)
Monika

Hi, I have a similar question.
I have an analysis with time dimention and time comparison.
I want to hide a calculation added as a measure but only in first comparison.
As an example I attach picture where columns "Budget 2019" and "Budget realization" are calculated fields and I want to hide column "Budget 2019" for YTD2018 comparison.
https://drive.google.com...FV_tA5JJhHl3KSKmr49/view
Thanks

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2019 10:14:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 2:54:28 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Monika,

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, you can do it. However, due to the nature and mix of your month dimension and comparison it does require a bit of manual work.

First, you will need to rename your comparison elements to something a bit more generic - like "YTD LY" and "YTD TY". This will make sure that the setup will also work next year etc.

Next, change your "dynamic date origin" to 31 December 2019. In that way you should see all 12 months on the horizontal axis.

Now you can go to the "Visibility" option to "Hide a range..." for your "Budget 2019" calculation. The important thing is to use the "Specific element" option and then click the value to hide for January; then click apply; then repeat for February etc.

You should eventually end up with 12 "hide ranges" that would look something like this:

@[Period].[Month].&[1] YTD LY
@[Period].[Month].&[2] YTD LY
@[Period].[Month].&[3] YTD LY
@[Period].[Month].&[12] YTD LY

This will work also when you change "dynamic date origin" back to "today".

Last, to make your comparison elements look better, you can work with "Dynamic captions" (from Properties) on your comparison. You can make it something like this: YTD {Year:First}. Then your elements will appear as YTD 2018 and YTD 2019 again.

I hope this will help you.

BR / Ole

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2019 2:56:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring