en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steffen Eriksen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:27:30 PM(UTC)
Steffen Eriksen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi

This might be a bit odd question but how can you show a dimension where it's corresponding measure is zero or nothing? Like showing all dimensions without measures.

In a report we want to show 4 financial accounts but the current month only have movement on 3 of the accounts, ex:

Account - Amount
1XXXX - 100
2XXXX - 150
3XXXX - 200
4XXXX - Nothing

/Steffen

Edited by moderator Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:10:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chris Campbell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:08:05 PM(UTC)
Chris Campbell

In theory if there is nothing has been posted to that dimension (ie in account 4xxxx in your example) on your Nav / AX / SAP system then Targit will have no data to retrieve and will not return a result.
Chris Campbell
Gemma International - Andover UK
Ole  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:33:39 AM(UTC)
Ole

Chris Campbell's description is correct for the default behavior of TARGIT systems. However, in TARGIT Management Studio you can change this behavior by the properties of a database connection. In there you will find a default setting called "Non empty queries". If you disable this setting, empty queries should start being included in your results.

On a newer version of TARGIT BI Suite you will also see an entry called "Decorations" in TARGIT Management Studio. With Decorations you can fine tune the "Non empty queries" to individual cubes instead of overall connections.

Be aware that enabling this feature will affect all results within a cube/connection, and that potentially you may experience slower performance due to this setting.

PS: A commonly used workaround, without changing the "Non empty queries" setting, is to include a second measure in the crosstab. A measure that always gives a result. In fact, this could be created as a dummy measure in the cube. After including this second measure in your cross tab you can use the "Visibility" formatting option in the TARGIT client to hide it.

Edited by user Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:41:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Steffen Eriksen  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:04:23 PM(UTC)
Steffen Eriksen

Hi Chris and Ole

Thanks for your quick reply.

@Ole
I came across your solution yesterday regarding the checkmark in show non empty queries after I made my post. And yes I can see the (big) consequens by enabling this so I would not go that way. I will investigate the solution about having a measure that are always showed unaffected by the dimension.

Lookíng forward to the new feature "Decorations" <- what a fluffy word :-)

/Steffen
Ole  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:36:06 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Steffen,

Just wanted to clarify: The Decorations functionality is part of the current version and has been since 2K10 SR1.

When I said "...on a newer version..." I simply meant that you shouldn't expect to see the functionality if you were running on something prior to the 2K10 version. Sorry about the confusion. :-)

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:07:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Steffen Eriksen  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:33:23 AM(UTC)
Steffen Eriksen

Hi Ole

Currently I'm an end-user so haven't seen Management Studio that much but thanks for clarifying.

My former problem was solved by using a second measure and hide this so thank you for the help.

How do you change your headline in a post so others can see your topic has been solved?

/Steffen

Edited by user Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:19:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified