en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Antonio Dubravcic  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:24:52 PM(UTC)
Antonio Dubravcic

Groups: extranet\Forum

I need to apply a different calculation formula depending on the result of a conditional statement based on a dimension value not on a measure value. See Example below

Dim M1 C1
A 80 M1 *.7
B 70 M1 *.6
C 85 M1 *.6
D 60 M1 *.7
E 80 M1 *.6

This needs to be reliable even with hierarchies. In the example above my basic C1 formula changes for A and D so it should go along these lines IF Dim="A" or Dim="D" THEN M1*.7 ELSE M1*.6
I have used MDX in the past to solve this and I have also used workarounds in Targit of this sort "if sum(d1, @"[A]", m1) = sum(d1, 0, m1) then" or evaluating the count " if count(d1,d1:0,m1)=1 or 4 in this case" and many other combinations (i.e. using levels for hierarchies, count comparisons, etc...)but I would like to know if something more independent of the measure is available because counts can change and measures can have the same values which will make my workarounds useless. I am sure there is and I just have not found it yet.

Thanks for any help

Antonio

Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 12:03:50 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Antonio,

My approach will still be using a count function, like "if allcount(d1, d1:0, m1) = allcount(d1, d1:@"[A]", m1) then ...".

See the screenshot example where I have used a syntax that will work on the top level of the hierarchy, no matter how the deep the hierarchy might be.

UserPostedImage

Best regards,
Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Antonio Dubravcic  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:39:45 PM(UTC)
Antonio Dubravcic

Thanks Ole for the answer however that solution made me run into another issue. When i use the formula you recommended I am no longer able to calculate intersections with other calculations i may have on the sheet and that is really frustrating. any help would be appreciated.

Antonio
Ole  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:58:00 AM(UTC)
Ole

That is true. The count function will be able to count dimension members only - and since you have no dimension members in e.g. a calculated Average row, it won't work. However, you *will* be able to do an intersection calculation the other way around, e.g. an Average on your count calculation. Not sure if this will be helpful to you.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring