en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Milan Zivkovic  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:38:31 PM(UTC)
Milan Zivkovic

Groups: extranet\Forum

I'll ask my question about Targit BIA at this forum.
If there is another place to talk about Targit BIA, please refer me to that spot.

Target BIA for MS Dynamics NAV Wizzard has executed once successfully.
It has generated packages at SSIS Server (among other stuff).

When I run these packages again as scheduled SQL Agent Job or manually a have an error which shows a problem with component TARGIT.SSIS.CustomTask.DataReaderNAVNative which reads data thrue ODBC connection to native Dynamics NAV 5.0 database.
ODBC driver is installed and works fine from other apps.

Error:
Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsCouldNotCreateManagedConnectionException: Ein verwalteter Verbindungs-Manager konnte nicht erstellt werden.
bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ManagedHelper.GetManagedConnection(String assemblyQualifiedName, String connStr, Object transaction)
bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ConnectionManager.AcquireConnection(Object txn)
bei TARGIT.SSIS.CustomTasks.DataReaderNAVNative.NAVReader.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket) ...
Dennis de Gier  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:21:35 AM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

Hi Milan

If you have successfully completed the initial installation of BIA for NAV, there is a good chance that the error relates to user rights.

When you run Accelerator (the wizard), it is run in your user context. Therefore, it is your access rights that apply to all files, software interfaces and external resources being accessed during installation. When the SSIS packages are run from the Agent Job (even if you run the job manually), it is the user rights of the Log On account of the SQL Agent windows service that apply. Therefore, you should check that the Log On account has sufficient rights for e.g. the ODBC folders. By default, the Log On account is Network Service, which has very limited local system rights.

If you represent a TARGIT Reseller, you have access to TARGIT Support on the TARGIT portal. To get access, you can contact TARGIT Account Management.

Hope this reply is helpful!

Best Regards,

Dennis de Gier
Head of BI Acceleration
TARGIT A/S
Milan Zivkovic  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:38:23 PM(UTC)
Milan Zivkovic

Hi Dennis

Thanks for a quick answer. You are right about account permissions, but here that was not the case.

There are 2 packages:
1. TARGIT BIA for Dynamics NAV 2009
2. TARGIT BIA for Dynamics NAV 2009 Company
Package 1 calls package 2.

In the second package "TARGIT BIA for Dynamics NAV 2009 Company" exists a connection with the name "Source (BA1)" that uses .NET Provider\ODBC Data Provider to communicate with a database thrue ODBC System-DSN.
When I edit this connection I get an error message which describes a problem with Data Provider.

I was looking a little bit in the package'S XML code an found that ODBC Data Provider v4 was used when packages were generated.
<DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">Source (BA1)</DTS:Property>
<DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">ADO.NET:System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</DTS:Property><DTS:ObjectData><DTS:ConnectionManager>

If I only replace Data Provider v4 with v2 all works (or edit connection and save it again, which is the same as replacing v4 with v2 in XML code).
<DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">ADO.NET:System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</DTS:Property><DTS:ObjectData><DTS:ConnectionManager>

Questions arrise:
1. How did the package successfuly executed first time while wizzard was running?
2. What happened later and the package is generated with ODBC Data Provider from .NET Framework v4 which obviously doesn't work?

I am using TARGIT BIA v6.1 Build 239.
Dennis de Gier  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:45:46 AM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

Two very good questions indeed ;-) I will initiate a couple of tests to try to answer them since it doesn't really make sense...
Dennis de Gier  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2012 11:50:51 AM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

We have now looked into the issue in more detail, and we have figured out why this problem occurs.

Accelerator is .NET Framework 4, and when Accelerator creates the connection, the connection version is defaulted to 4. This will successfully execute in the Accelerator "wizard" since the SSIS package is run in the scope of Accelerator. When the package is saved and subsequently run, the scope is that of SSIS, which is .NET Framework 2. This fails since the connection version is set to 4, and therefore not recognized by the earlier Framework version.

We will fix this in an upcoming version of Accelerator and ensure that the connection is always created as version 2. Of course, this should have been discovered in our tests, but apparently it was not.

/Dennis