en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Morten Søndergaard  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:27:04 PM(UTC)
Morten Søndergaard

Groups: extranet\Forum

I am creating a report comparing item-minimum stock with actual sales last month. Like this:

ITEM | MINIMUMSTOCK |SalesLastMonth | Difference
(Dim) |(DIM) | (Measure) |(Calculation)

Item 1 |500 |800 |-300
Item 2 |200 |300 |+100
Item 3 |600 |500 |-100

Is it possible to do the calculation in the last column? My problem is that the calculation has to calculate the difference between a dimension value and a measure.

How would you solve this?

Best regards

Morten Søndergaard

Edited by user Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:54:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:40:25 PM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Morten,

If your table is as simple as the one described, then you can derive numeric values from dimension values in this way:

if allcount(d1, d1:0, m1) = allcount(d1, d1:@"[Item 1].[500]", m1) then 500 else
if allcount(d1, d1:0, m1) = allcount(d1, d1:@"[Item 2].[200]", m1) then 200 else
if allcount(d1, d1:0, m1) = allcount(d1, d1:@"[Item 3].[600]", m1) then 600 else 0

If put this into a separate (and possibly hidden) column you can then use these vales for your difference calculation.

But I got a feeling that your dimension is more complex with a large number of combinations for ITEM and MINIMUMSTOCK. If this is the case, I think it would be easier to create it as a real measure in your Data Warehouse.

Best Regards,
Ole

Edited by user Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:43:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring