en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Milan Zivkovic  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:29:44 PM(UTC)
Milan Zivkovic

Groups: extranet\Forum

Is there a possibility to make custom measures (or calculations) in Targit for YTD (Year-to-date) and Previous Year (or, why not, any previous period), as shown in the picture?

UserPostedImage

For example, user can choose from criteria box a month from Time hierarchy.
There are Product dimension and Amount measure from cube.
"Amount YTD" (sum of Amount from Jan 2012 to May 2012) and "Amount Previous Year" (Amount value from May 2011) are not calculated measures in cube, but I want to calculate them in Targit.

Can I also order (mix) calculated measures with cube measures?
For example, Amount YTD column at first place, then Amount column and at the end Amount PY.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:43:10 PM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

You cannot do what you are asking for (making time dynamic calculations directly in the client), but you can get the same result in a different way by use of comparisons and dynamic criteria.

You will need three comparison elements: One with "This Month" dynamic criteria, another with "YTD" dynamic criteria and a third with "This Month, Last Year" dynamic criteria. These three comparison elements will work as column based criteria for the three columns you ask for.

In your Criteria Bar you will want to insert the "Dynamic Date Origin" selector - to give end users the ability to change current focus month.

For all of this to work, you will of course need to enable Dynamc Periods on your time dimension in your cube.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:44:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring