en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lars Holmquist  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 2:34:43 PM(UTC)
Lars Holmquist

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi

I am trying to build a crosstable with a calculated percentage with a comparison ("sammenligning"). But I am unable to construct the correct calculation due to the comparison.

The crosstable layout is as follows:

x axis: time (monthly) and a comparison (<1 dag and >1 dag)
y axis: departments (HR, Sales etc.)
measure: number of cases
comparison: based on a dimension that contains several attribues with ranges (0-1, 1-14, 15-35 etc.) The comparison group all these attributes in 2 groups: below or equal to 1 (<1) & above 1 (>1).

UserPostedImage

In the image the measure is hidden and only the calculation ("procent") is visible.

Using the standard percentage calculation I get a result based on the percantages pr. department (based on the y axis). I want to get the percentage distribution pr month. Example:

HR in january had 7 cases below 1 and 3 cases above. Which should be presented like this:
<1: 70%
>1: 30%

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!
Páll Bjarkason  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 11:29:49 AM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

UserPostedImage

Supposing the table above, this example is based on HR in January.
Using ‘Custom calculation’ ‘As a new measure’ I evaluate the percentage of Less-cases in relation to (Less + More). I.e. for Less: 3/(3+7)%=30%

Assuming that one column is hidden for each month then (Less=m2, More=m3). I calculate the Less%:
sum(0, 0, m2) % (sum(0, 0, m2) + sum(0, 0, m3))
and the More%:
sum(0, 0, m3) % (sum(0, 0, m2) + sum(0, 0, m3))

If you want to calculate the contribution from one departments score this month compared to the same department’s year total you can try this:
sum(0, 0, m2) % sum(all(s), 0, m2)
This month’s m2 sum as % of all months sum this year for the m2 measure. The (s) sibling’s parameter on the column attribute handles which year the month belongs.

For more insight on calculations (As a measure, sibling etc.) see the great On-Demand webinar by Ole Dyring: TARGIT Tips & Tricks Webinar, March 2012 - Get familiarized with the formula syntax for client based calculations.

TARGIT Tips & Tricks Webinar, March 2012

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2012 11:42:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards

Páll, CTS
Lars Holmquist  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 12:53:18 PM(UTC)
Lars Holmquist

Hi Páll

Thank you very much for the reply. Your post was exactly the input that I needed!

The solution is: sum(0, 0, m1) % sum(all(s), 0, m1)

Why? When using the comparison a custom calculation is inserted for every column in the 'comparison, so the calculation needs to be evaluated using the sibling function.