en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Elvira Smit  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:25:46 AM(UTC)
Elvira Smit

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello all,

Background
We buy used parts from our customers and sell used parts to our customers. This is shown in a measure. The value is either positive (sold used part to customer) or negative (bought used part from customer).

What I need
I need a bar chart showing our total revenue on used parts per month. This means I only need the positive values from the measure to be added up.

Problem
I have used the visibility agent to hide all members <0. This works perfect when I make a bar chart showing the revenue per day. However, when showing the revenue per month, this does not work: it now hides the total value if negative. But this total value often contains a few positive values: these have been added up to the negative values and are not considered separately.

Do you know another way to solve this problem?

Thanks for you help and have a nice day,

E. Smit
David L. Bojsen  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:32:48 AM(UTC)
David L. Bojsen

esmit@bolier.nl wrote:
Hello all,

Background
We buy used parts from our customers and sell used parts to our customers. This is shown in a measure. The value is either positive (sold used part to customer) or negative (bought used part from customer).

What I need
I need a bar chart showing our total revenue on used parts per month. This means I only need the positive values from the measure to be added up.

Problem
I have used the visibility agent to hide all members <0. This works perfect when I make a bar chart showing the revenue per day. However, when showing the revenue per month, this does not work: it now hides the total value if negative. But this total value often contains a few positive values: these have been added up to the negative values and are not considered separately.

Do you know another way to solve this problem?

Thanks for you help and have a nice day,

E. Smit

Hi Elvira

I think you can solve this by making a calculated measure with the formula "if sum(0,0,m1) > 0 then sum(0,0,m1) else 0", hiding the original measure totally,
and then don't use any visibility agents.

The formula is written by hand and have not been tested, but i think this should work.

/ David - TELMORE
Elvira Smit  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:08:52 PM(UTC)
Elvira Smit

Hi David,

Thank you for your quick response.

The calculated measure works when I use the dimension months with the possibility to drill down to days. However, when I look at the monthly totals, they still show the totals for both positive and negative values...

I have hidden the original measure as proposed and removed the visibility agents.

Any clue on what I am doing wrong here?
Niels Thomsen  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:43:15 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Elvira

I think you will have to resummarize your subtotals now that the leafdata has been manipulated.
If you add this calculation...

if count(d1, all(c), m2) > 0 then sum(d1, all(c), m2) else sum(d1, 0, m2)

...I think this will fix it. The if-statement examines your calculated measure (m2) column and by counting children it identifies the subtotal level (in your case months). When a subtotal level is identified we sum up all the children (days) of the column - which as a result of your previous calculation only includes the positive values. The else makes sure that leaf data is also transfered to the resulting column.

Hope it makes sense - otherwise please post a reply.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen