en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eric Maibach  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:59:11 PM(UTC)
Eric Maibach

Groups: extranet\Forum

We have a Analysis in Targit that has two Dimensions on the left hand side (Product Line and Item Category), and we have the production amount measure added to the analysis. So the Report looks something like this:

Product Line 1
Category 1 50
Category 2 50
Category 4 30
Total 130
Product Line 2
Category 1 25
Category 3 30
Total 55
Total 185

For one of the product lines (for this example lets say Product Line 1) we wanted to add a total that only included some of the categories. For our first try at this we just tried to add a custom calculation that would show the total of just one category (Category 1). Our calculation for this was rows(@"[Product Line 1].[Category 1]", m1). This calculation just comes up as undefined. So our report with this calculation added now looks like this:

Product Line 1
Category 1 50
Category 2 50
Category 4 30
Total 130
Custom Total Undefined
Product Line 2
Category 1 25
Category 3 30
Total 55
Total 185

We have done some testing, and if we just have one dimension on the left then we can get the calculation to work. For example in a report the only has the Product Line dimension this calculation works: rows(@"[Product Line 1]", m1). However as soon as we add the second dimension the calculation just comes up with Undefined.

What are we doing wrong with this calculation? Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thank You,

Eric

Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:16:27 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Eric ... and welcome to this forum.

When your hierarchy is a custom hierarchy, as in your case, you should use this syntax:

sum(0, @"[Product Line 1]";"[Category 1]", m1)

I guess rows(@"[Product Line 1]";"[Category 1]", m1) will work as well, but the syntax parser will change it to the above syntax anyway.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Eric Maibach  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:00:28 PM(UTC)
Eric Maibach

That worked, thanks