en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lotte Bjørn Jensen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:45:03 AM(UTC)
Lotte Bjørn Jensen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi

When we use Touch, we would like only to show some of our analysis, not all of them.
How do you do that?

Regards
Lotte
Best regards

Lotte Bjørn
Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:01:59 PM(UTC)
Ole

In the current version (1.02) you cannot define a separate set of "Touch" analyses. The user, based on user login info, will see the same analyses as he/she will see through a standard TARGIT client.

To somehow achieve what you request, you can do either:

1. Create a special documents folder, e.g called "001 Touch", containing Touch specific analyses. This folder will then be seen as the first folder on the Documents list.
2. Users themselves can add Touch specific analyses to the Favorites list (or you can do it by manipulating their personal XML files). When in the Favorites folder and when tilting the iDevice to horizontal position the Thumbnail Navigator will show only these analyses.

Notice that none of the above suggestions will prevent them from opening other analyses they would normally have access to.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Daniel  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:39:04 PM(UTC)
Daniel

I wonder if anyone else in the forum has had this need too.
I am part of the development team developing the mobile client iEPMx and we did had this same exact need from other users!

In our case we have already addressed that in the current beta version so mobile users are allowed to define a specific list of analysis for the iPhone (it is sort of a second security level out of the one defined in Antserver).

We are currently a second favourites list exclusively for mobile ('Mobile Favourites') because we understand that Desktop and Mobile clients' Favourites Views will normally differ between each other (more complete views on Desktop for deep analysis and more KPI reduced documents to view on the go)

I am very much interested in feedback. What is your particular case? do you think it would more adequate to have a different user security setup? should that be instead like facilitating access to specific views but still using the same security defined in targit?

Thanks. I think inputs like this one help creating better solutions.

Dani
Business T&G Corp
iEPMx Dev Team

Lotte Bjørn Jensen  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 12:32:15 PM(UTC)
Lotte Bjørn Jensen

Hi Daniel

It would be fine to have it in the security setup.

Or alternatively in Management Studio, be able to tell Touch where to look for the analysis.

Regards
Lotte
Best regards

Lotte Bjørn
Daniel  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:13:37 PM(UTC)
Daniel

Thanks Lotte for your input!

Please do not hesitate in sharing thoughts or issues you may identify. I am very much focused on the mobile BI field and find really interesting being in contact, ok?

Regards,
Dani
Ole  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:21:06 AM(UTC)
Ole

Just to avoid confusion: iEPMx, represented by Daniel Boluda and others, is not a TARGIT product. It is an independant software provider who has developed an app that apparently is able to connect to a TARGIT BI Suite.

While iEPMx may seem as a competing product to the TARGIT Touch client, we at TARGIT do not mind such a challenge. Actually we are proud that someone in the community has taken time to develop something that potentially may add further value to your TARGIT solution.

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:24:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Daniel  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:21:54 PM(UTC)
Daniel

The iEPMx initiative we are involved in was born from real user requirements and it is being evolved based on end user inputs. I agree I see no competition or challenge with Touch, as annotated.

Open development community with open sourced apps in an open user community. It the best way to empower any sort of software application., included TARGIT BI Suite, in my opinion.

Regards,
Dani