en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:41:18 PM(UTC)

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi all,

I have a user that is receiving the following error when trying to export data from TARGIT BI

UserPostedImage

The user can export data on other reports just fine and other users are currently having to export the data from this report for him.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Chris Campbell  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:26:23 PM(UTC)
Chris Campbell

That's entertaining as you clearly do have Excel installed.

Not really a solution - but you can copy and paste the data into excel using the Ctrl+C functoin very easily

Chris Campbell
Gemma International - Andover UK
Ole  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:35:07 PM(UTC)
Ole

It is a known limitation in previous versions of the TARGIT BI Suite. With large amounts of data (large cross tabs) you would reach a memory limitation that would result in the "Excel not installed..." error message.

I am however not sure why your colleagues are able to export the same table... maybe more memory available, maybe running on 64 bit operating systems...?

The issue has been adressed and fixed from version 2K11 SR3.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:00:07 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info chaps, the user has a 32 bit system as compared to the newer 64 bit systems the other staff are using. And also due to the age of the machine he is running 2k10.

There was 47GB worth of excel files in the users TEMP directory, once cleared he was able to export a much larger amount of data, but still can't export the largest of reports.

I shall install 2k11 onto his machine in the morning, see if that resolves the issue.