en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daniel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:41:34 PM(UTC)
Daniel

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Hi,

I have found out an awkward behaviour when using Dynamic Periods. The following case has been generated using standard data within default demo TARGIT cubes:

I want to generate a table showing SALES INVOICE AMOUNT by month, FROM January current year TO the latest closed month (i.e. if today is June, 13th 2011, the table will show only 5 months. from January to May). See image 1

UserPostedImage

When changing the Date Origin to different months it always works fine showing correct results until I set a date in January.
For instance, if I change the Date Origin to January, 5th 2012, the result returned by TARGIT is not the expected. See image below:

UserPostedImage

In this latest case I would be expecting TARGIT showing results from January 2011 to December 2011. How should I do that?
Once the Date Origin is changed to February 2012, it starts again then showing correct data again.

UserPostedImage

Any ideas on how to accomplish or fix this issue?

Thanks,
Dani

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:44:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:38:12 AM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Webinar

This is the (unfortunate) behaviour you would see from the Dynamic Year-to-previous-month criteria in the TARGIT BI Suite prior to 2K11 SR3. With 2K11 SR3 we introduced a new and improved way of handling Dynamic Criteria - introducing the concept of "offsets". The predefined Year-to-previous-month in 2K11 SR3 will produce the expected result (all 12 months of previous year) when in January.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring