en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Leo Allan Corpus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:00:53 AM(UTC)
Leo Allan Corpus

Groups: extranet\Forum

We are encountering an error "Unable to use dynamic dates without a date definition" from our existing report that was previously saved with the dynamic date. We also cannot choose dynamic dates in our CUBES when creating a new comparison in criteria "use dynamic periods" check box is not available. Do we need to setup a dynamic date definitions to fix this issue?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:04:43 PM(UTC)
Ole

It seems like you have changed / recreated your Time dimension in your cube - and some of the requirements for being used as a dynamic criterion is missing. The general requirements for the Time dimension to become dynamic are these:

- The dimension itself must be of type "Time".
- The attributes being used in the hierarchy must be of proper types: Years, Months, Days etc.
- The Description property of the hierarchy must contain the TARGIT specific syntax: #|TimeDef:[<>]...[<>]|#
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jeremy Kimmons  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 2:43:13 PM(UTC)
Jeremy Kimmons

od@targit.com wrote:
It seems like you have changed / recreated your Time dimension in your cube - and some of the requirements for being used as a dynamic criterion is missing. The general requirements for the Time dimension to become dynamic are these:

- The dimension itself must be of type "Time".
- The attributes being used in the hierarchy must be of proper types: Years, Months, Days etc.
- The Description property of the hierarchy must contain the TARGIT specific syntax: #|TimeDef:[<>]...[<>]|#

Hi there - is there documentation online anywhere for this process of configuring a Time dimension for Targit? I am having a similar problem with mine, and I suspect it is the third point on your list above that is causing me problems - is there more detail anywhere on how to tell Targit which dimension is the Time dimension?

Cheers!

Ole  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 2:58:47 PM(UTC)
Ole

I have just added a new post regarding setting up the time dimension for dynamic usage in the "Tips & Tricks" section of this forum: http://www.targit.com/youtargit?g=posts&t=215

Edited by user Friday, March 1, 2013 2:59:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Søren Damgaard Jensen  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:15:31 AM(UTC)
Søren Damgaard Jensen

If you locate the Targit knowledgebase on http://mytargit.com and then navigate to SQL / ANALYSIS SERVICES you will be able to find some articles on this subject.
Best Regards,

Søren Damgaard Jensen
Senior BI Consultant @ NORRIQ

http://www.norriq.dk