en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sylvie Goetgeluk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:17:02 PM(UTC)
Sylvie Goetgeluk

Groups: extranet\Forum

I want to make an analysis which shows revenue per item. It should however not only show the items that actually have a revenue, but also those with no revenue. Those would then have an empty cell as measure-value.
I thought there was an option for that, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Sylvie
Ole  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:58:44 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Sylvie,

What you experience is the normal behavior of a cube database. By default, the cube is performing best when it does not have to return empty queries. And this is independent of the BI tool on top, whether that is TARGIT, Excel or something else.

However, you have a number of options to obtain what you want:

1. In TARGIT Management Studio, in Decorations, you can tweak an individual database connection or and individual cube to include empty queries. Change “Non empty queries” to “No”. Be aware that this will affect all queries on that cube – also those using other dimensions – and this might be an unwanted side effect.

2. In the cross tab where you want the empty result, you can include a second measure that does hold a value for all dimension members. This measure may even be defined as a new measure (a calculated member) in the cube for this specific purpose. After you add it to the cross tab, you can immediately use the Visibility property in the TARGIT client to hide it.

3. Make sure that all dimension members of the desired dimension has a transaction value different from NULL, e.g. just zero. This is something that will need to be handled as part of the ETL process.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Ole  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:27:07 AM(UTC)
Ole

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jakob  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:21:58 AM(UTC)
Jakob

If it is just to list everything, you could use "Table" instead of "Crosstable"