en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jens Henrik Rauff Hansen  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 2:50:51 PM(UTC)
Jens Henrik Rauff Hansen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Targit

I have some measures in SSAS where I need to use the criteria parameters used in Targit.
Is this posible using Targit?
I know it is posible using SSRS

Best regards
Jens Henrik
Andre Doose  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 6:08:49 PM(UTC)
Andre Doose

Hello Jens,

Without having any specific example - you can't use attributes that you have set in the criteria bar. (e.g. company), but you can create a calculated measure e.g. "Sales last 30 days" and/or create a measure with a predefined criteria.

Sales only from warehouse:

sum([Measures].[Quantity_LU],[Item].[Shipping Source].[Warehouse])

Sales last 30 days from storage:

sum (LASTPERIODS(30,tail(descendants([Inventory Turnover Date].[Hierarchy].currentmember,[Inventory Turnover Date].[Hierarchy].[Date]),1).item(0)),[Measures].[Sales from storage])

Did that help?

Best regards,

André
Jens Henrik Rauff Hansen  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:28:58 PM(UTC)
Jens Henrik Rauff Hansen

Hello André

Thank you for answering.

This did not realy solve my problem, because the function will still be static.

An excample could be finding the last sale of each costumer within a chosen periode.
The importan thing is that the user can choose this period them self in Targit.

But I think that the only solution is to create static periods eg. Years, Quarters or months.

Best Regard
Jens Henrik
Ole  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:21:38 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Jens,

Not knowing all possibilities in SSRS I am not sure I fully understand the challenge you are describing.

Anyway, from André's and your comments, it looks like it has something to do with the endusers being able to select certatin periods easily in TARGIT. Of course, from a static time dimension they will be able to select static periods.

And likewise, if the time dimension has been made dynamic (the TARGIT way) endusers will be able to freely define their own dynamic periods.

Furthermore, with a dynamic time dimension, you, as the superuser, may also define a number of pre-defined and saved dynamic periods criteria - e.g. "last 30 days", "last 3 weeks", "previous month", "previous 6 months" etc. Once these have been defined and saved, they can be put into the criteria bar with the "stored criteria selector" element. In that way enduser will be able to easily pick from the list of pre-defined dynamic criteria.

Hope this helps.
/Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Aristides Vassis  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:31:34 PM(UTC)
Aristides Vassis

Hello Jens,

For the example you gave, the approach I would suggest is using the last (or first) non empty value aggregates in the backend design or (even better) utilizing TARGIT calculations (a progressive count on data sorted by date) and visibility agents (to leave only the last, first or nth line visible).

Your criteria and filters aplied by clicking on objects will narrow down the results you see. For choosing a period you may (for example) use a timeslider. And as Ole said above, a little creative combination of stored criteria with the dynamic origin selector will make the solution , well... dynamic :)

Best regards,

Aristides Vassis
BinaryTree / TARGIT Greece

www.binarytree.gr

UserPostedImage