en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Carsten Trebbien  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:21:26 AM(UTC)
Carsten Trebbien

Groups: extranet\Forum

I am trying to figure out how to trigger (scheduled) tasks, instead of running them by time scheduling.

Sometimes the batch flow preparing data for the SQL-server is delayed (or broken) thereby delaying cubeprocessing. This leads to old reports being mailed to the recepients, which is rather inconvenient.

Is it possible to trigger the tasks, so that either they are triggered externally (by a batch file) or at least when cubeprocessing has finished?

David L. Bojsen  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:45:27 PM(UTC)
David L. Bojsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

carsp@danskebank.dk wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to trigger (scheduled) tasks, instead of running them by time scheduling.

Sometimes the batch flow preparing data for the SQL-server is delayed (or broken) thereby delaying cubeprocessing. This leads to old reports being mailed to the recepients, which is rather inconvenient.

Is it possible to trigger the tasks, so that either they are triggered externally (by a batch file) or at least when cubeprocessing has finished?

Hi Carsten

To my knowledge there is no supported way to trigger a scheduled job.
It can however be accomplished by modifying the xml that holds the schedules.
They can be found in /TARGIT/ANTServer/Settings/Jobs.

If you create the jobs with the desired schedule but set it to disabled.
Then when you would like to run the job, alter schedules.xml and set the start time to one or two minutes in the future,
and then alter jobs.xml and set the job to be enabled="true".
First step of your job can then be to disable the job(s) again.

I have created a (undocumented but functional) .net program to do just this - it has a settings file with the guids of the jobs that needs altering,
and can then be called with a parameter to either disable the jobs or execute them.

If you would like a copy, just email me at dlb@kapacity.dk.
Venlig hilsen / Best regards

David L. Bojsen
Kapacity A/S

UserPostedImage

Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of my employer Kapacity A/S.