en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mahmoudi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:05:45 PM(UTC)
Mahmoudi

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello,

i have a problem with the criteria bar. If i choose a attribute as criteria (e.g. city), the selection of the criteria takes a long time. It's for 5 minutes on "Load Data". Why? Did Anyone have a idea? Thanks.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:44:47 PM(UTC)
Ole

In TARGIT Management studio there is a section called ‘Decorations’. With Decorations, you can determine what measures are looked up when using the dimension for criteria requests. This setting may have a huge effect on the time it takes to populate the dimension member list when the dimension is used in the criteria bar.

By default, the setting is ‘All measures’, and if you have a dimension with many dimension members and at the same time a lot of measures in your cube it may take some time to produce the list because every single member is checked against every single measure to determine if data is available or not. If a dimension member does not hold any data for any measure, the member will not appear on the list (otherwise, you would just get an empty result anyway).

Instead of checking against all measures you can select the measures you think will be representative to produce a full list of dimension members, and if you are able to pick just one measure, you may see a considerable performance boost on populating the criteria bar lists.

However, this is just one possible solution to your problem. Other issues, such as poor design of the cube/dimension may also be responsible for the problem.

Best regards,
Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Mahmoudi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:14:16 PM(UTC)
Mahmoudi

Hi Ole,

thanks a lot. I will try it.

Regards,
Mahmoudi