en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Voyatzopoulos Nikos  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:27:41 AM(UTC)
Voyatzopoulos Nikos

Groups: extranet\Forum

I 've made a few analysis and reports to a server named A and a database named A1 and i want to move them and make them visible to a new server named B and a database named B1. Is this possible to make it easyier than dealing with the xml files in connections folder ?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 9:07:37 AM(UTC)
Ole

Suppose you have a server named A and a physical database named A1 with a cube named A2 – and in TARGIT Management studio you have connected to A1 with a connection named A3.

On the new server, named B, you restore the physical database A1 to a new database named B1. The cube in B1 should still be named A2 – and in TARGIT Management studio you must now connect to B1 with a connection still named A3.

In other words: as long as you keep the connection name and the cube names (and of course all measure and dimension names) the same, then you should be safe in moving from server A to server B.

Best regards,
Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Voyatzopoulos Nikos  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 10:48:11 AM(UTC)
Voyatzopoulos Nikos

Thanks for your reply. Well the problem is that i don't want to restore the database that the analysis are made on. I just want to use the same cubes ,analysis and reports to a new database (client) with out setting up everything from the beggining !
Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:27:05 AM(UTC)
Ole

The requirements are the same though: You can create a new cube, of course, but measure names, dimension names, cube names and connection names must be identical to the old ones in order for the analyses/reports to be working still.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring