en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeremy Kimmons  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 12:37:36 AM(UTC)
Jeremy Kimmons

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi again

So, the time dimensions i'm building are now being recognised by Targit as dynamic dimensions, so that functionality is now enabled in the criteria editor.

BUT :)

when I try to specify any offset, on any level of a hierarchy, I get a message (level not found) i.e. (Year not found) or (month not found) etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

Jeremy Kimmons  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 2:41:55 PM(UTC)
Jeremy Kimmons

A bit more info - if I create a view, with a dynamic year criteria of year - 1, ignore the "year not found" message, and attempt to execure the view, I get a query faiure message, of which the detail says this:

Parser: The syntax for '2012' is incorrect.

So, clearly the dynamic criteria is correctly returning year - 1, but then for some reason that value isn't usable by the query.

A thought - do the elements of time used in dynamic dimensions need to be present directly in the sales measure table, rather than linked to it indirectly from the time table? i.e. as well as a full date in my sales records, do they need year, month, week etc. columns as well?

Cheers

Jeremy

Peter  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:09:26 PM(UTC)
Peter

I suddenly noticed that there are things missing from our previous post, the greater than and less than sign before the level-details. This is how it should be.

#|TimeDef:&[<YYYY>].&[<YYYYQ>].&[<YYYYMM>].&[<YYYYWW>].&[<YYYYMMDD>]|#

However you will get yourself in trouble with having a hierarchy like

Year
Quarter
Month
Week
Day

Since months and weeks don't go together by default; a week can span several months, e.g. Week 1 can e.g. be Dec, 31st, Jan 1st, ..., Jan 6th.

You can resolve this if you use a lookup table (see the documentation ;-))

My recommendation for your scenario is to create two hierarchies: Year, Quarter, Month, Day and another with Year, Week, Day.

Peter