en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Voyatzopoulos Nikos  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 2:05:58 PM(UTC)
Voyatzopoulos Nikos

Groups: extranet\Customer

Hello , I would like to ask if i can use a datetime field as a measure ? Actually i want to use the color agents in a time period for example post on january color red ,february orange etc . Is it possible ?
David L. Bojsen  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:23:45 AM(UTC)
David L. Bojsen

n.vogiatzopoulos@epsilonnet.gr wrote:
Hello , I would like to ask if i can use a datetime field as a measure ? Actually i want to use the color agents in a time period for example post on january color red ,february orange etc . Is it possible ?

Hi Voyatzopoulos

Depending on how your date dimension is set up, one way to achieve this is to create a calculated member in your cube like this:
CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Measures].[MonthNumber]
AS [Period].[Month].CurrentMember.MEMBER_KEY,
FORMAT_STRING = "#",
VISIBLE = 1;

This measure is easy to use in your TARGIT reports and you can create a coloring agent by using the syntax "VALUE = 1" for january etc.

It all depends however on how your dimension is set up.

Hope you can use this solution.
Venlig hilsen / Best regards

David L. Bojsen
Kapacity A/S

UserPostedImage

Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of my employer Kapacity A/S.
Ole  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 8:56:28 AM(UTC)
Ole

You can also do something simple in the TARGIT client with color agents and calculations.

Assuming that you have a simple Month dimension with all 12 months on the horizontal axis, you can do something like this:

- Add as many color agents as you need (maybe one for each month to give them alle different colors).
- The condition for the January color agent would then be something like this: allcount(d1:0, 0, m1) = allcount(d1:@"[January]", 0, m1)
- Likewise for the other months / color agents.

If you have months as part of a hierarchy it will become a little bit more complicated, but it can still be done.

Best regards,
Ole

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2013 8:57:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring