en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Walter Porada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:37:48 PM(UTC)
Walter Porada

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello there

I have got a problem with installing BI Accelerator for NAV2009 on a freshly set up machine running Windows Server 2012 Standard and SQL Server 2012 Standard in our Domain.

The NAV2009 Database runs on a SQL Server 2008 Standard. I deactivated the Firewall for the Windows 2012 machine to eleminate any Connection Problems. And I am able to connect to the local database and to the NAV2009 database throu the SQL2012 Managementstudio. All requirements are met and the Decision Suite ist allready installed.

I try to install the BI Accelerator, I can select the NAV version, enter the name of the NAV DB Server instance, select the DB from the dropdown list and the correct mandant, enter the name for the datamart and analytics db for the local Server, but when it shoud come to the model-step, it keeps telling me, that it can´t connect to the selected SQL Server instance. It does not reveal if the NAV DB instance or the local SQL 2012 instance is meant.

To eleminate any rights Problems, I allready switched the accounts witch all Services run on to the same administrative user.

Using Build 6.2.0.95

Previously, I allready tried TARGIT 2K11 on Windows Server 2008 Standard with SQL Server 2008 Standard without any Problems.

Can you provide any help?

with best regards
Walter Porada

Edited by user Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:43:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dennis de Gier  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:05:08 PM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

Hi Walter

Since you have already been able to connect to NAV and select companies, the log on issue is with the local SQL Server 2012.

I suggest trying the following:

- Can you connect to the SQL Server 2012 and Analysis Services 2012 local instances using SQL Server Management Studio? Unfortunately, it is possible to install SQL Server 2012 without granting logon user rights to actual user accounts.
- Check that TCP is enabled for SQL Server and Analysis Services. This is done using SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Have you skipped installation of SQL Server client components on the server? These are probably necessary for accessing the SQL Server services from external applications like BIA.
- Firewall would have been a suggestion, but since you have already deactivated this, I don't need to go there ;-)

Best Regards,

Dennis de Gier
Head of BI Acceleration
TARGIT BI
Walter Porada  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:28:42 PM(UTC)
Walter Porada

Hi Dennis

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The Installation works now.

Best Regards,
Walter Porada