en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Allain Bøge  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:45:53 AM(UTC)
Allain Bøge

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello

This is a question regarding the security / Rights / Roles in the management studio

Situation:
1. All Targit users have access to all cubes but the ledger cube

UserPostedImage

2. Some few induvidual users have full access to the ledger cube via a role (not shown as a picture). They do not have a forced criteria

3. Other users has a role with full access to the ledger cube but with forced Criteria where they only can see their own department.

UserPostedImage

The Question is: does the users have the least or the most access rights.

I have made a report that througt the batch gives them a monly overview over their own department, but for some reason some of the users does not receive the report even if they should. Users from 2. does receive it, but users from 3 does not.

thank you for the ansver

Allain Bøge
Vikan A/S
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 2:58:51 PM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Allain,

To answer your question: Users have accumulated access rights according to the roles they are members of.

Examples:

1. A user is member of just one role with "None in this role" to the Ledger cube. Result: The user will not have access to the Ledger cube.

2. A user which is member of two roles; the first role with "None in this role" to the Ledger cube; the second role with "Allow in this role" to the Ledger cube. Result: The user will have access to the Ledger cube.

3. A user which is member of three roles; the first role with "None in this role" to the Ledger cube; the second role with "Allow in this role" to the Ledger cube; the third with "Deny in all roles" to the Ledger cube. Result: The user will not have access to the Ledger cube.

The Forced Criteria setting should not interfere with the above access settings. The forced criteria could of course mean that you get an empty result and thus no report.

BR / Ole

Edited by user Monday, July 29, 2013 2:59:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring