en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stefan Schuster  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:38:05 PM(UTC)
Stefan Schuster

Groups: extranet\Forum

Dear All,

I have a report consisting of 12 tables. The tables can be viewed fine on the screen (3 columens, 4 lines, just one title above of each column). As I want to export them as as one-page-only-report, I have chosen the format .png.

But I have mixed experiences, as the size of the tables change from time to time. Normally after creation of the report, the 12 tables can be viewed fine on the screen and the export works also fine. The size is 1024x768. But after changes, as for instance budget filters in the tables, the next export produces scrap, as the size of the tables is different and then - imagine of 12 tables - they are overlapping or just cut off. The font size seems to vary as well and of course the output is not readable anymore.

Does anybody have an idea, why sometimes this works and why not? Or maybe some of you have a better idea to deliver 3 columns and 4 lines in a one-page-only-report?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Regards,
Stefan
Páll Bjarkason  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:34:45 AM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Have you considered forcing a new page via page break?

This is possible in the smartpads properties tab.

When selected the Force new page property will begin printing the selected band on a new page. This does not apply to the Page Header and Page Footer bands because they mark the beginning and end of a page by nature. This property is by default not selected.

Another solution is to scale the page. You can get more info in this post: http://www.targit.com/en...targit?g=posts&t=198
Best regards

Páll, CTS
Stefan Schuster  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:15:47 AM(UTC)
Stefan Schuster

Hi Páll,

as I am sending a picture, and no pdf-report, I dont have page brakes to set, I believe. But I found out on my own, that I need to fit the tables into the page by selecting a table and telling to fit the height/width of it to 1/4 for instance. You can do this by right mouse click in one of the menues, after you have selected one table.

This enforces that the tables are sized just the way, that all tables are fitting to just one page. As I have 12 tables I also have selected the page size 1600x1200.

Unfortunately, Targit offers only a limited number of "enforced fitting" starting with 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, both in height and width. If you have a main table which consumes 60% of the total width of a page and 2 minor ones, which consumes each 20% in the width. Than, you can't fully use this function. But still it is a big help, as with 4 tables in a column, I can fit in perfectly with 1/4 in heigth, and can just do some manual fitting for the width.

Thank you for you answer.
Best regards, Stefan
Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 3:23:37 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Stefan,

I would consider using the report format anyway.

Since your crosstabs seem to be quite static in layout (3 columns and 4 lines), you should be able to pull these objects into the report format. You may need to select e.g. an A3 landscape format for the report to fit all tables, but since you create a PDF from this anyway, it shouldn't matter.

Here is how I would do it:

1. Create a new, empty report.
2. Remove unneeded bands. Potentially just keep the Detail band.
3. Add a single measure (any measure - it doesn't matter) to the Detail band.
4. Pull in the 12 crosstabs as Analysis Objects (from the Source Data tab) to the Detail band. Make sure one of the cross tabs is placed on top of the measure to "hide" it.
5. Rearrange and potentially add texts, lines and colored boxes to make things look nice.
6. Save the report.

Now you have a report from which you can produce a PDF export manually, or that can be scheduled to produce a PDF automatically. With the report there is less to be concerned about with regard to resizing etc.

BR / Ole

Edited by user Monday, July 29, 2013 3:24:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring