en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mads Sheye  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:42:27 AM(UTC)
Mads Sheye

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,

I want to create a relation between 2 identical dimensions. We have a survey analysis that shows what members have answered on a specific survey. We would like to be able to see those individuals that answered survey 1 also answered survey 2 and so on, a cross reference table of our surveys. Currently I am only able to see who answered each survey but not cross reference them. Can you provide any assistent to this issue?

Thank you.

Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:59:09 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Mads,

I presume you have a measure, e.g. "Number of Answers", that will tell if a participant answered a survey or not. If a survey was not answered, this measure would be NULL/Blank/0.

I suggest you create a crosstab in the TARGIT client with this measure and with the participant dimension on the vertical axis. Then you add a comparison with as many comparison elements as you have surveys. Each comparison element limited by criteria to a single survey.

You will then have participants who answered all surveys, and some who will have missed one or two.

Then you add a visibility agent to hide participants, with a condition something like: count(all, 0, m1) <> allcount(all, 0, m1). This will hide all those that did not answer all surveys (if that is what you want to see?).

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Mads Sheye  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 9:26:59 AM(UTC)
Mads Sheye

Hi Ole,

Thanks for your reply.

That is an option but when having 100's of surveys that is a tideous task and there must be an easier way of doing it.

"Number of Answers" equals count of those who answered a survey. I believe this issue has to been fixed in visual and not in Targit itself what do you think and how can we best do this?

I have tried to duplicate teh survey dimension, but the dynamic effect I wished for is not present in Targit when I put the 2 survey dimensions on axes x and y.

M
Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 8:44:53 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Mads,

My suggestion to use comparisons, with one comparison element for each survey, was probably a little overkill - ignore the comparison thing and just add the survey dimension to the horizontal axis. Aside from that, I still think my suggestion will work.

"Number of Answers" is just a measure to indicate whether a participant participated in a survey or not. It could be any other measure giving the same indication. If you don't have this already, it will have to be created on the Data Warehouse. The important thing is to have NULLs/Blanks in the cross sections where a participant did not participate in a particular survey.

You may add a screenshot to this thread to clarify the issue, if necessary.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring