en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Claude-Eric LESELLIER  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:38:01 PM(UTC)
Claude-Eric LESELLIER
Rank: Newbie

Groups: extranet\Forum
Joined: 12/4/2013(UTC)
Posts: 4

Hi all,

I have a stacked areas chart.

The axis limits are set to automatic.

The maximum limit is good, adjusted on the maximum of the sum of the series.

But it seems that the minimum limit is adjusted on the lowest minimum of every serie and not on the minimum of the lowest serie.

In my case, the lowest serie is 80% of the area so the minium is set to the minimum of the remaining 20%, ~6% in this case -> almost 0!

Has anybody already faced this issue?

Any workaround?

BR,
CEL

NB: Targit 2K11 build 4118
Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:54:02 PM(UTC)
Ole
Rank: Administration

Groups: extranet\Forum
Joined: 4/7/2011(UTC)
Posts: 320

Hi CEL,

You are quite right. Just to make sure everyone else understand your problem: You have also changed the Area Chart formatting, left axis, to automatic minimum (instead of manual minimum = 0). With automatic minimum you should expect the lowest down-peak (of the first series of data) to touch the baseline... But it doesn't.

Furthermore, your analysis is correct: The baseline is decided on lowest values data series in your data set, where it actually should have been based on the values of the first series of data.

The only work around I can think of, is to swap your graphic to crosstab display and then manually drag'n'drop the lowest values data series (column) from its current position to become the first column in your cross tab. In this way, the minimum value of the stacked area chart would make more sense.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Claude-Eric LESELLIER  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:55:31 PM(UTC)
Claude-Eric LESELLIER
Rank: Newbie

Groups: extranet\Forum
Joined: 12/4/2013(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thank you Ole,

I appreciate very much the clarity of your answer.

Of course, a bit less the conclusion... ;)

Especially as it is very important to have this chart ordered as it is as the first serie has to be followed-up very carefully.

If I change the order, this serie is more difficult ro read of course.

Any chance it may be added to a next release??

BR,
CEL
Users browsing this topic
Anonymous
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error