en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Allain Bøge  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:52:13 PM(UTC)
Allain Bøge

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Hello

I create a xtable with Customer accounts down and turnover as the only value, the total of the turnover is ok
I then add a custom calculation as a new measure with the formula "if sum(0, 0, m1) > 74500 then 1 else 0"

This gives me a column with 0 and 1´s depending on the size of the turnover. But the total of this column only 1, but there are several rows where there is a 1, and the total should be something like 33.

i altso tried to add a custom calculation as a single column with the formula "if sum(d-1, 0, m1) > 74500 then 1 else 0" this also gives me the correct answer for each customer but the total is also just 1 where it should be about 33

What do i do wrong here. it seems like the formula is also beening calculated on the total of the turnover row, and not summarizing the row

kind regards

Allain Bøge
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:51:22 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Allan

Yes you are right. The total is also evaluated and the result of your if-statement is 1.

I think you are going to have to add a calculated total as a row.
You can either pick it from the list of built-in calculations in the calculations tab or make your own custom calculation with a syntax like sum(0,all,m1).

Furthermore on this new calculation you need to specify calculation in intersection - that lets you "extend" the total to the calculated column as well.
Finally you would probably want to hide the original total using the properties tab.

Hope it makes sense.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

Allain Bøge  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 1:14:06 PM(UTC)
Allain Bøge

Hello Niels

Thank you for the answer.

I did not give you the full picture, on my X axis i have 12 comparisations, where i look back 12 month on each the last 12 full months, this gives be a number of the customers over the amount, wich tells me if we are getting more customers over the amount

UserPostedImage

When i make the total as you described, and want to show the two figures above as a line graph, i cannot get it working i can get a bar graph with a lot of space in both sides

UserPostedImage

but when i try to make a line graph it dont seems possible

UserPostedImage

i think the problem is the missing totals, any chance of a change in the program in the coming future

kind regards

Allain Bøge

Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 11:40:50 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Allain,

I think it is possible to do what you want. It is just a matter of creating the correct basis at first.

1. The basis for the line chart should be a crosstab with the 12 comparison elements on the vertical axis of the crosstab. Your Costumer account numbers should be on the horizontal axis. I.e. the opposite of the crosstab in your first screenshot.

2. Add your two calculations, Stor Kunde og Lille Kunde, as two new calculated measures.

3. Add two calculated columns: Stor Kunde Total = sum(all, 0, m2) and Lille Kunde Total = sum(all, 0, m3)

4. Use Properties -> Visibility to hide the original measure and the two calculated measures. This should leave only the two calculated columns visible.

5. Turn the crosstab into a Line chart.

This should work, I guess.

Med venlig hilsen / Ole

Edited by user Monday, December 9, 2013 11:41:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring