en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris Richard  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:56:48 AM(UTC)
Chris Richard

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Ole,

I have a similar question to “Calculate with dimension values” in the following way: if I have two dimensions on the horizontal axis that do NOT have a hierarchal relationship, would it be possible to use a statement like

sum(0, @"[Prior 12]";"[d1:d-1]", m1)

to aggregate all of the lowest dimension to the Prior 12 dimension (see screen shot)

[img][/img]

Or do I need to add them up by assigning them individually (and run the risk of master data dimensions being added – e.g. customer name)?

I was thinking that I could use visibility agents to sum based upon sequence but am concerned about the multiple dimensions.

Thanks!
Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:55:41 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Chris,

I cannot see the screen shot.

I do not think your statement will work. Instead try something like this:

sum(0, @"[Prior 12]"(l(1,0)), m1)

I am using the level modifier with double level notation. What it really says, is: "Give me the [Prior 12] value on the first dimension, and the [All] value from the second dimension".

Best regards,
Ole

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Chris Richard  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:49:42 PM(UTC)
Chris Richard

Ole,

Thank you for your swift response... unfortunately, it did not work. I tried using your formula (see below):

UserPostedImage

What is interesting is that when I change the formula to sum(@"[Prior 12]"(l(1,1)), 0, m1) I at least get the first value in the lower dimension (see below):

UserPostedImage

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Chris
Ole  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:16:14 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Chris,

Am I correct in assuming that the two "dimensions" on the horizontal axis in fact are two comparisons?

In your example above you may try to replace your formula with this:

sum(@"[Prior 12]";"[Key FS Dist]":@"[Prior 12]";"[Other]", 0, m1)

Unfortunately, you cannot make a combination with d1 and d-1 (which of course would have been even more flexible).

BR / Ole

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2013 1:23:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring