Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:54:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to calculate Rank for each store based on sales done in a period and compare that with the previous period .

It's something like this -

Store July July Aug Aug Sep Sep
Code Sales Rank Sales Rank Sales Rank

100 1000 1 1500 2 500 3
200 5000 3 2500 1 5000 1
300 2000 2 500 3 3000 2

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance ,

Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:34:41 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Vijay

I'm afraid that, with the currently available functions, this is not possible to do in the frontend.
You will need to "precook" this ranking in the backend to be able to show it in the frontend.

Hope it makes sense.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:00:36 AM(UTC)

Hi Vijay,

As Niels correctly mentions, there is currently no "ranking" function in TARGIT.

However, for a limited ranking list, e.g. a Top 3 ranking, there is a work-around involving calculated measures.

The first screen shot shows the result, involving in total 3 calculated measures (insert calculation as a new measure), to produce a Rank Top 3. Notice that I have used a visibility agent (value <= 0) to hide values in my Rank Top 3 calculated measure.

In the second screenshot, the final result, I have worked with the Visibility Formatting to hide the intermediate "Elim" calculated measures.

The syntax for the three calculated measures are:

Elim Top 1: if sum(0, 0, m1) = max(0, all, m1) then min(0, all, m1) - 1 else sum(0, 0, m1)

Elim Top 2: if sum(0, 0, m2) = max(0, all, m2) then min(0, all, m1) - 2 else sum(0, 0, m2)

Rank Top 3: if sum(0, 0, m1) = max(0, all, m1) then 1 else if sum(0, 0, m1) = max(0, all, m2) then 2 else if sum(0, 0, m1) = max(0, all, m3) then 3 else 0

Of course you will need to add more intermediate calculations if you need to do e.g. a Rank Top 10.

Best regards,
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring