en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
esborn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:01:39 AM(UTC)
esborn

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,

Am having a problem with the posting date hierarchy order of the months, eg Q1 the months are as follows: feb, Jan, Apr Q2 Jun, May, Jul as so on...
What could be the issue?

Thanks
Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:14:50 AM(UTC)
Ole

Your problem is caused by the way your posting date dimension has been defined in your data model (your Analysis Service project, if working on top of an SQL Server).

Your Month attribute is most likely defined from a table column containing only month names - and your data model will by default sort the dimension values alphabetically.

Instead you should define your Month attribute from a table column containing month numbers (1-12). Once you have done that, work with properties of that Month attribute and use these settings:

- Key Column = column containing month numbers
- Name Column = column containing month names
- Order By = Key

And finally, remember to add the new Month attribute to your hierarchy. This should work.

BR / Ole

Edited by user Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:15:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
esborn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:53:02 AM(UTC)
esborn

Thanks, many table has both columns: month number and month name. is it posible to define with table column to use in targit? or do have to do this using visual studio?

Thanks,
Esborn

od@targit.com wrote:
Your problem is caused by the way your posting date dimension has been defined in your data model (your Analysis Service project, if working on top of an SQL Server).

Your Month attribute is most likely defined from a table column containing only month names - and your data model will by default sort the dimension values alphabetically.

Instead you should define your Month attribute from a table column containing month numbers (1-12). Once you have done that, work with properties of that Month attribute and use these settings:

- Key Column = column containing month numbers
- Name Column = column containing month names
- Order By = Key

And finally, remember to add the new Month attribute to your hierarchy. This should work.

BR / Ole

Ole  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:59:15 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Esborn,

TARGIT only knows/sees what has been defined in visual studio (in the Analysis Services project). SO this change will need to be done in Visual Studio, yes.

May I ask you one question - since you mention NAV 2013 R2 - did you define your data model manually, or did you use an accelerator like one of TARGIT's BIA packages?

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
esborn  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:06:56 AM(UTC)
esborn

Thanks Ole,

i used the Targit accelerator, this database was upgraded from nav 2009 to 2013 if i run the accelerator for the one on NAV 2009. am not getting this problem.

Dennis de Gier  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:10:46 AM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

Hi Esborn

We are working on a fix for this unintended behaviour, and we will release an updated BIA version later today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Dennis de Gier
esborn  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:13:09 AM(UTC)
esborn

Thanks Ole, i will be waiting.
esborn  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:47:59 AM(UTC)
esborn

Hi Dennis,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks,
Esborn

dennis@targit.com wrote:
Hi Esborn

We are working on a fix for this unintended behaviour, and we will release an updated BIA version later today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Dennis de Gier

Dennis de Gier  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:58:08 AM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

The error has been fixed in the latest version of BI Accelerator.

Best Regards,
Dennis de Gier