en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sverre Nielsen  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:25:11 AM(UTC)
Sverre Nielsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,

I'm experience difficulties when importing a (line) diagram from an analysis to a report.

I have tried various methods without success. The simplest (and most obvious to me) was;

Open analysis --> right click on the diagram --> Hyperlink --> create report

However, this presents me with a crosstab (presented below) when collecting data and generating the report, instead of the desired line-graph that appears in the analysis.

UserPostedImage

Both DB2 %, DB 1% and RES% is calculations and NOT members of a dimension and I ONLY want to display the graph for these variables over time.

Looking forward to your responses...
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:05:14 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Sverre

What you are experiencing is the desired behaviour of the TARGIT client.

When you hyperrelate and create report from an object in an analysis, the object in question becomes the basis of a report showing the crosstab with the numbers "behind the object".

A report in TARGIT can be created in several ways - the above is just one of them. Another approach would be to create an empty report and then add content - crosstabs, graphs, text etc.

However you choose to start your report you can always add graphs from any prebuild analysis by entering define mode - going to the source data tab and dragging an analysis object to the appropriate band in the report.

I strongly recommend to attend the TARGIT advanced report training which takes you through all the odds and ends of reporting in TARGIT.

Hope it makes sense.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen