en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Martin Hammer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:26:35 PM(UTC)
Martin Hammer

Groups: extranet\Forum

We have some users how would like to visualize responses (values 1 to 5) from a survey in a graph. Together with the average response value they would also like to be able to see how many responses (count) have been received for the question.

So basically show the questions on X and average response value on Y + information about number of responses (count) on Y. I know this can be achieved with e.g. a combination of a bar graph for the average response and a line graph for the count. But our users would ideally like to only have the average response shown in a bar graph and the count shown as a text (could be on the axis, on the “bar” or above the “bar”). Any ideas how this can be accomplished using Targit?

Basically how to show a second measure as a text/label instead of a visual object.

I’ve tried to visualize what I’m trying to accomplish in a pictures. It’s the blue text (response count) that I don’t know how to show in Targit.

UserPostedImage

We are using Targit 2K13 and Analysis Services 2012.
Páll Bjarkason  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:11:16 PM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Hi Martin

Graph
UserPostedImage
This graph is made up by 2 measures. [Profit] and [No of Sales]
[Profit] is shown as normal.
[No of Sales] is given a white element color. This makes it “invisible”.
The Stacked bar char option is used.
“Show labels” is checked in Labels and hints. Show label is No for [Profit] and Yes for [No of Sales].
You can nice the graph by hiding the legend. The labels can be nice'ed as well.

The table consists of two measures. Measure 1 is show as a bar graph and measure 2 is show as a label.
UserPostedImage

Is this what you are looking for?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:49:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards

Páll, CTS
Martin Hammer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:26:56 AM(UTC)
Martin Hammer

Thanks for the suggestion. Clever workaround.

The problem is that my white/invisible measure have much higher values compared to the primary/visible measure so Targit will just show tiny bars at the bottom of the graph and then some floating labels at the top.

/Martin
Páll Bjarkason  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:30:38 PM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Hi Martin

I admit it's only a "somewhat" solution - not the best.

Have you considered flipping your visualization? I.e. showing your count in the graph (large number) and then value (small number) in the label?

Just as in the demo data used. The solution requires that the visible column is (allot) larger than the invisible column to get a nice visualization.

Maybe it can inspire others to try and make it better or show another technique.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:45:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards

Páll, CTS