en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simon  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 11:45:01 PM(UTC)
Simon

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello there:

I have a set of dashboards that are identical except for the dynamic time criteria on each one. There is Yesterday, Last Week, Last 2 Weeks and Last 30 days. My predecessor set up text boxes with triggers that move from one visually identical dashboard to another. This works, but it all ends up as 24 dashboards to manage, and it is very easy to make mistakes in the triggers.

Is there a mechanism to embed criteria in an object that will refresh the current dashboard with new settings? I don't really care if it is a text box or not, I just need something that acts like a button to the end user. If so, then I only have 6 dashboards to manage.

FYI: I considered a timeslice object, but I need web compatability so I understand that is out of the picture.

Cheers and thanks,
Simon

Edited by user Saturday, May 3, 2014 8:32:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 8:38:40 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the TARGIT User Forum. :-)

I recommend that you do the following steps:

1. Add a new crosstab to your dasboard.
2. Include one or more relevenat measures (no dimensions).
3. Add a comparison on the vertical axis with four dynamic comparison elements:
- Yesterday
- Last Week
- Last 2 Weeks
- Last 30 Days

You might even name these comparison elements like "Click here for last 30 days". The elements are clickable and will work as Drill Down criteria for the other objects in your Dashboard.

Furthermore, from the Properties tab, you may work with the Visibility property to hide the measures - if you just want the text to be visible to end users.

BR / Ole

Edited by user Monday, May 5, 2014 8:39:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Ole  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 8:44:01 AM(UTC)
Ole

You might also split the above four comparison elements into one object each, and then turn these object into Gauge objects. There will be gauge types that are suitable for simply displaying a text like "Click here for last 30 days".

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Simon  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:16:25 PM(UTC)
Simon

Thank you very much Ole! It took me a while to get back to this :), it works wonderfully. Thanks again!

Simon