en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:31:17 PM(UTC)
Simon

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi All:

I have a lot of objects that show up with the Empty Result text that describes the analysis. This text is not a good user experience and I would rather hide it, or replace it will something less descriptive, such as a single sentence that says "No Results Available", or simply a blank object.

Most of my user population regard the empty result text as some kind of error :(

Is there any alternative I can use?

Thanks and cheers,
Simon
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 11:40:31 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Simon,

The "Empty results..." info is hard coded into the system. There is no way to change this.

Your suggestion has been forwarded to R&D, however.

Thank you for sharing. :-)

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Simon  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:11:33 PM(UTC)
Simon

Thanks Ole:

I took a lesson from some of your suggestions about using a measure and then turning off visibility. I created a measure in my cube that is hard-coded to 1, so it will always have a value to return regardless of any dimension criteria.

By adding this measure and then hiding it, it suppresses the "Empty Results" and returns the column headings instead... well most of the time :)

Thanks for forwarding the suggestions though, an alternative display would be a welcome option in the future.

Cheers,
Simon