en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Páll Bjarkason  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:05:28 AM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Groups: extranet\Forum

I want to share an undesired behavior of the period dimension in TARGIT.

Don’t know it only applies to my installation of TARGIT 2K11 build 5418 or it is a general behavior of TARGIT.

In my hieratical period dimension I first choose quarter 1 (Q1) and Q2 as a global criteria.
Then I hid the quarter labels and subtotals in properties -> visibility.
The I added Q3 as a global criteria.

I was surprised that July and August didn’t show up …
It turns out that Q3 hid it’s months as it was not +’ed.
UserPostedImage

After un-hiding the quarter level, +’ing it, and hiding the quarter level again then the months were showed correctly.

It is also possible to hide the months of Q2 like this. Note the visibility settings:
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:12:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards

Páll, CTS
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:52:24 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Please refer to this thread dealing with the same issue: http://origin.targit.com...targit?g=posts&t=447
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

Peter  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 1:48:21 PM(UTC)
Peter

I want to chime in on this one too.

You can actually achieve want you want but you need to understand that when working with a hierarchical dimension then the level your selecting in source data matters.

In the screenshot below I have added the same crosstab, the top one has Time level select on Quarters - you will see TARGIT label it as "Time (Quarters)". This crosstab I have manually expanded to months on the first two quarter nodes and you can see the result and definition in the crosstabs to the right of it.

Below is almost the identical crosstab with one difference. The Time-dimension has it's level set to Month (Time (Months) and you should be able to see that the result is what you're looking for.

In otherwords you need to change your definition slightly and you will get what you're looking for ;-) If you do this in MANY analyses then I would consider talking to the cube developer and have an additional hierarchy without the quarter-level added to suit the needs of your business.

Best Regards,

Peter Orum
Product Manager

UserPostedImage