en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:33:19 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a cross tab with a column "Amount posted", it has a criteria to show only the amount posted in a range of accounts. Is it possible to add that column twice in my crosstab with different criteria?

For example:
Amount posted Sales, criteria: sales accounts range.
Amount Posted Expenses, criteria: expenses accounts range.

If that's not possible, maybe one of these ways:
Add both sales and expenses accounts in the same column and then make two new columns which extracts sales and expenses? And then a fourth column to do calculations between those two?

Make a crosstab for sales accounts, one crosstab for expenses accounts and then do calculations based on those two crosstabs?

Or should Targit make a some calculations in the cube and present data as Amount posted Sales and Amount posted Expenses with the criteria already applied?
Páll Bjarkason  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:39:01 AM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Hi

I think you should explore the comparisons feature on the criteria pane.
The comparison allows you to make “custom columns” based on dimension values. I.e. the same dimension that is show or another… It’s a pretty powerful feature.
In the middle table in the screenshot below you can see a group of salespersons compared to another.
These custom columns (“Alvaro to Justen” and “Rest of salesperson”) are created via the comparison feature.
Note: You can see the highlighted accumulative sum generated by the Alvaro etc. of 75,498,069.85 in the two tables on the left hand side.
You can make as many custom columns as you need.
Good luck.

UserPostedImage
Best regards

Páll, CTS
SO  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
SO

Thanks for the reply.

I will look more into the comparison tool, sounds like it will do the work. So far I've only used comparison for period comparisons and so on.