en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:49:19 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I'm putting together a report with multiple elements with different criterias, it's based on crosstabs and barcharts/pies from three different analysis.

All three analysis are different and they are set up with global criteria. One analysis with posting date, one with shipment date and one with order date. Plus some other criterias which they all share, like company, account number, department and budget.

My question is, does all elements (crosstabs, charts, pies etc.) in all three analysis need to have local criteria to be able to combine them in my report?

If I need to do it with local criteria I have a question #2: Is it possible to store all the global criterias in an analysis (similar to like it's possible to store a comparison) so I can easily add them to each crosstab/chart in the analysis? If I need to manually add all the criteria to each cross tab it's easy to do something wrong and it's a lot of work to change a small thing like period.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:50:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 1:04:49 PM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

You will have to work with local criteria.

Regarding your question #2: When you work with criteria in the Criteria Editor (the dialogue box) you have an option to store the combined criteria at hand. Look towards the bottom of the dialogue box.

Once a criteria has been stored in this way, it can be applied as either global or local criteria by re-opening the Criteria Editor dialogue box and pick the stored criteria from the list on the right hand side.

Please note that criteria applied in this way will remain as applied. If you change the stored criteria, you will need to re-apply it on individual analyses/objects for the changes to take effect.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring