Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tommy Petersen  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 1:20:38 PM(UTC)
Tommy Petersen

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Can it be true that when you put a schedule on a report that you cant put dynamic criterias in the email header?
Or any other kind of dynamic info.

My problem is that i have a report set that i run in batch mode with 8 different departments.
Each department manager gets his own report via email attached to the department in Datawarehouse.

The issue is that we have some stakeholders (CEO and more) that wants all the reports to their email.
While it works the result is that the CEO gets 8 reports with the same header in his inbox, and he needs to "open" them to see which is which as it is only possible to include the criteria in the subject field.

While i know i can make 8 shcedules it becomes trouble some if i need to include new comments, or new recipiants on the emailing list.

Take you in advance.
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 1:46:35 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Hi Tommy

Yes it is true that you can't put dynamic criteria in the e-mail header when you schedule a report.

I would suggest a "workaround" to meet your CEO's and other stakeholders requirements:

You schedule the report once again using the batching by department - but this time specify that the reports go into a folder instead of being emailed.
By default TARGIT suggests a folder located on the TARGIT server, but through TARGIT Management you can define whatever folders you like to be the target for report scheduling.

Also you set up a report schedule on a "dummy report" (or maybe even the same report this time not batched). The schedule must be set to some time after the batch job has been run. This e-mail is really meant to alert your CEO that he's got new reports in his folder. You might add the URL of the folder containing the batched reports in the e-mail subject.

Hope it makes sense.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen