en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:27:31 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a large sales report with a stored comparison which makes 25 country groups. Each group need a separate report with only data for that country group, and I want the reports to be made and delivered automatically. This means 25 groups = 25 different reports.

Is there a way to do this with report and scheduling or do I have to split and deliver the reports manually?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:44:49 AM(UTC)
Ole

This would be the "Batch" option from Scheduled Jobs. However, the Batch option can only batch across dimension members from a real cube dimension. So it will not work with your customized comparison groups...

If you think it is worth the effort, you should consider to make the country categorization available as a dimension directly from the cube. (The possibility/complexity of this may vary from one source system to another, and will require modifications to your cube data warehouse.)

Also, please notice that the "Batch" function requires the "Advanced reporting" add-on to your license.

If the above is not an option for you, then your only choice is to make 25 individually scheduled jobs.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
SO  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:57:32 AM(UTC)
SO

Thanks for the reply. Then the first solution must be 25 individually scheduled jobs and then later look into the options of adding this to the source data.