Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:00:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi, I need to config the smtp server with autentication.
Can anyone help me with this?
Best Regards
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:26:30 AM(UTC)

There is a section in the TARGIT Management Studio related to setup of the mail server:

Alerts and Notifications
The Alerts and Notifications option is used to send e-mails if TARGIT Server errors occur. It is also used to specify the mail server to be used when scheduling notifications and Reports. It lets you specify the mail server to be used for outgoing mails. Error reports by email are by default sent from ‘antserver@computer name’. Some mail servers however requires that sender address is a fully qualified domain name. An edit field allows specifying a correct sender address. An example of an error could be that the TARGIT Server could not process a request or that the given request is invalid. When enabling the Administrative alerts option, it becomes possible to set an option to report different kinds of errors and write one or more e-mail addresses of the recipients.

Note: To send e-mails to external addresses the mail server needs to be configured to allow relay from the TARGIT Server. The simplest way to do this is to add the IP address of the TARGIT Server to the mail server's "Relay Allowed" list.

If the above does not help you, then please specify what your problem is.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Willem Langendries  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:01:31 AM(UTC)
Willem Langendries

We have the same issue. We must authenticate with the smtp-server due to security policies. How can we do this in Targit?