en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve Blincoe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:55:43 AM(UTC)
Steve Blincoe

Groups: extranet\Forum

just wondering if anyone else had hit issues with dynamic-dated reports not working for the current week.

I’ve come all the way through the current year very successfully using dynamic dates to semi-automate our reporting.
Then yesterday, Targit started returning: “day not found”. It’s quite a simple setting too – ie it’s not looking at a number of days or offset to a period but actually just requesting the current day.
I’ve managed to get around this quite easily by turning off the Dynamic Periods and manually specifying the day in question. But it's a frustration to my aims of eventually getting reports fully automated, and annoying that it doesn't just work.

I'm also worrying that my trend reporting might unavoidably break down into 2 segments of a week; ie 2014 week 53 and 2015 week 01 rather than report as a whole.
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 8:53:00 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Steve

I'm pretty sure there is some problem with your week dimension.
I can't see from your post if you are using a year-week hierarchy or just a week attribute.

If you are using a year-week hierarchy there is a problem of weeks crossing years. The standard way of dealing with this in a year-week hierarchy would be to use the iso standard for weeks that specifically adresses the problem that you rise - which week and year does the 31st of December 2014 belong to. The iso standard says that Thursday decides - meaning if Thursday belongs to 2015 (as it is the case) - then the full week should belong to 2015. This however should be reflected in the timetable that your week hierarchy has been built from.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

Steve Blincoe  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 12:29:47 PM(UTC)
Steve Blincoe

thanks for the reply, Niels.

As far as I can see, Targit will only allow me to use Dynamic Time via YWD or YQMD heirachies ie no option to bypass this and just aim for Week (unless I'm missing something).

Will investigate our timetable setup - see if there's something underlying there maybe.
I'll report back anything I come across.

regards,
Steve Blincoe  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:54:51 PM(UTC)
Steve Blincoe

just a quick update - the day specific reports worked after changing them from YWD>YQMD.
Trended reports are however necessary to keep as YWD and thus still reporting as 3 days in week 53/1 day in week 01. I'm waiting til end of month on checking the background timetable setup - scheduled training on cube data etc where i can push this.
Steve Blincoe  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 12:22:19 PM(UTC)
Steve Blincoe

final update on this - we now have our reports working as they should.
Couldn't ultimately resolve directly in Targit without first setting up additional cube-data which gave us a Fiscal YWD hierarchy additional to calendar YWD hierarchy.

Edited by user Monday, January 26, 2015 12:23:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified