en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:16:42 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a weekly scheduled report which shows sales year to date yesterday on month level.

It has happened a few times that Targit crash and stop updating. For example if Targit crash friday night and the report is automatically distributed saturday morning I can't see that friday is missing.

In my report header I have the text "Period: Year to date yesterday" (shows no date) and a system variable showing "Report date".

My question is: Is it possible to show in my report a date or a warning if Targit has crashed and the numbers in my report suddenly not are year to date yesterday but maybe year to date yesterday - 2?

If that's not possible, can the Targit software on the server send me an e-mail if it has stopped updating?

The only solution I can think of right now is to add a new crosstab in my report which shows "Last week" on day level so it will be possible to see that there are something missing.
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 10:24:56 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi

Your report header could contain dynamic content reflecting the exact span of dates in your report.
If you:

• add a text field in the report (from the source data tab)
    click the text field and in the properties tab you work with dynamic captions
    picking your data dimension and specifying first and last - you might end up with content like this in your text field (depending on the names in your date dimension): {Date:first} - {Date:last}
    Hit enter and fetch data

By the way - the update of the cube can very well contain an "alarm" that notifies someone by mail that the update has failed. That can quite easily be implemented.

Edited by user Monday, January 19, 2015 10:31:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: answer expansion

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen