en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:58:08 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a report with Salesperson as dynamic caption in my header.

If I set {Salesperson Name:all} the text display the salesperson(s) selected in the criteria, for a singel salesperson or two/three this work. But with fixed width and auto height on my text the rest of the report is not moved down on the page to make place for all the names like for example a crosstab does when expanding.

How can I solve this?
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:00:23 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi!

If we are talking about a text box in an analysis your only choice is to manually make room for the max size (height) that the textbox in questing could expand to.
Then I would actually suggest that you uncheck "scale automatically" from the right click menu of the textbox.
Scale automatically just means scale according to screen resolution, and it does not scale taking dynamic content into consideration.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

SO  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:25:17 AM(UTC)
SO

Originally Posted by: nt@targit.com Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

If we are talking about a text box in an analysis your only choice is to manually make room for the max size (height) that the textbox in questing could expand to.
Then I would actually suggest that you uncheck "scale automatically" from the right click menu of the textbox.
Scale automatically just means scale according to screen resolution, and it does not scale taking dynamic content into consideration.

It's a pdf report. It will look quite strange if I needed to add like 5-10 cm of blank space at the page header for each page just in case the criteria is several salespersons.

I guess my solution then will have to be either to lock the criteria for the reports showing only one salesperson and then have another report without dynamic caption and with criteria bar, or to have a front page in the report and place the dynamic caption there instead of the page header.

Hope it will be available in later version to have a type of text box which behaves like a crosstab regarding "pushing" the other content automatically down the page based on how much dynamic content it displays.
Ole  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:15:30 PM(UTC)
Ole

I just tried it with TARGIT Demo data:

- Report with Page header, Crosstab and Page footer bands.
- Dynamic text component in Page header: {Salesperson:all}
- Text component formatted with "Auto height".

Many salespersons in the text component does move the crosstab band further down automatically.

Version 2014 / 6624.

BR / Ole

Edited by user Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:16:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring