en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jon McAleavy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:46:37 PM(UTC)
Jon McAleavy

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi All

We have an analysis with a date on the criteria bar as indicated below:

UserPostedImage

We want this to default to today every time the analysis is opened, however it currently defaults to the last selected date.

Is there anyway to do this in TargIT?

Many Thanks

Jon
Lotte Bjørn Jensen  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2015 1:11:58 PM(UTC)
Lotte Bjørn Jensen

Hi Jon

Yes, if you're using dynamic periods.

Click on your date criteria as if you were going to select one. Click on Editor in the bottom.
Mark Use dynamic periods, and here you go.

Best regards

Lotte Bjørn
Jon McAleavy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:37:44 PM(UTC)
Jon McAleavy

Hi Lotte

Thanks for the response, I am not familiar with Dynamic Periods, would you be able to elaborate?

Cheers

Jon
Niels Thomsen  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:29:32 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Jon

Dynamic Periods is a very important feature in TARGIT. It enables you to make relative filters on your Time dimensions - which I guess is exactly what you request.

In your case the dynamic period filter would simply be today - whatever day that might be.

Dynamic Periods has to be enabled on your Time Dimensions to work properly in TARGIT. I suggest you contact your supplier of Cubes to ensure that this has been done on your cubes.

When Dynamic Periods are set up correctly on your Time Dimensions you can utilize it in the TARGIT Client. If you do any TARGIT training at all - this should definately include how to utilize Dynamic Time.

Just to give you an idea I have a link to a tutorial video that demonstrates how to benchmark to relative periods to each other using a combination og Dynamic Time and Comparisons in TARGIT:

http://www.targit.com/en/video/help/comparisons
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

Ole  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 7:43:46 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Jon,

Once Dynamic Periods has been enabled on your time dimension, you may right click your "Dynamic Date Filter Reporting Date" dimension on the criteria bar to bring up a pop up menu with an option to "Use dynamic periods". After that, the drop down list of your time dimension will contain a lot of pre-defined dynamic options, including "Today".

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jon McAleavy  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 11:13:54 AM(UTC)
Jon McAleavy

Thanks guys

I will have to check how the dimension is set up, but I have a feeling that this may not be possible on this dim as it is not a proper time dimension. We have a Dynamic Dates dimension in our cube which automatically gives us YTD TY vs YTD LY etc, but this is all driven from the Reporting Date attribute on thid dim, which is what is on the crosstab.

I just need a solution that will select the latest date on this attribute on the criteria bar.

Cheers

Jon