en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jon McAleavy  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 3:13:44 PM(UTC)
Jon McAleavy

Groups: extranet\Customer

Hi All

I am after some advice on an challenge I am having with comparisons and global criteria on triggers. I have a crosstab which lists various item details by store outlined as follows:

UserPostedImage

This crosstab has a trigger so that when I click on a store number i.e. S0020 it takes me to another dashboard with some more information for the items for the store I have clicked on. On this 2nd crosstab however I always want to include 2 extra stores (DC and OUT.LOG) and also the store that I have clicked on in the level above i.e. S0020.

I have tried this with a comparison which shows DC/OUT.LOG and anything <> DC & OUT.LOG, however this returns all the other stores as indicated below.

UserPostedImage

Is there anyway to achieve this on a single crosstab, i.e. take through the store clicked on as a trigger and always include 2 other stores?

I also tried local criteria, however this then over-rides the global criteria when I click on the store I want to analyse.

Apologies for the lengthy and quite confusing explanation.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jon
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 8:55:18 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Jon,

When you create your comparison on the second analysis, you should try to design it with three comparison elements like this:

• Element 1: DC = DC
    Element 2: OUT.LOG = OUT.LOG
    Element 3: TriggerStore = No selection

In this way you control the stores for the first two element, while the third element is open to any input via e.g. trigger criteria.

Furthermore, make sure you work with Dynamic Captions on this comparison. The Dynamic Caption should be something like this: {Store:all}.

Best regards,
Ole

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Ole  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 9:00:34 PM(UTC)
Ole

You may also get inspired by this little "Tips & Tricks" post and video that I made some time ago.

http://www.targit.com/en...posts&t=416#post1133

It uses the same principle, but in a slightly different context.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jon McAleavy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:54:39 PM(UTC)
Jon McAleavy

Hi Ole

This is exactly what I wanted!

Thank you very much.

Have a good day :)

Jon