en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steffen Davidsen  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:48:01 AM(UTC)
Steffen Davidsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Dear TARGIT Family,

Yet another question from me. We have been facing a challenge when combining calculations and comparisons for a while now, and I was wondering if any of you, know a way around this problem.

Here is what I have done:

1. First I have created a calculation (in the example below, I have divided number of requests by the number of users to get the average number of request per user

2. Then I have created a time comparison showing today and yesterday

3. Now I wish to show these in a bar chart with different colors on the calculations

The result:

UserPostedImage

How is it possible to change the colors of comparisons when using calculated measures? In "Element color" in properties it is only possible to change the color of the measure and not the different elements of the comparisons:

UserPostedImage

Best regards,

Steffen Davidsen
Ole Arp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 6:38:45 AM(UTC)
Ole Arp

Hi Steffen.

This is a subject that we cover during our TCE training. A possible solution would be to create two new calculated columns that just writes the same number as the original calculation.
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Ole Arp

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.
Steffen Davidsen  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:45:12 AM(UTC)
Steffen Davidsen

Originally Posted by: Ole Arp Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steffen.

This is a subject that we cover during our TCE training. A possible solution would be to create two new calculated columns that just writes the same number as the original calculation.

Thanks for the reply, Ole :-).

However, there is still one huge set back. The analysis builds on the possibility to pick out three or four dimension members (with a drill-down) and then compare the expenditure spending allocations of those picked (look below).

UserPostedImage

The problem is the bar chart. While using one calculation, all bars are colored the same. While using different calculations (made as single columns), I am not able to separate the dimension labels to the right.

See the labels. They are actually named after the calculations. I managed to create a dynamic caption for the first and the last observation, by referring to the dimension value with: {Level 05:first} and {Level 05:last}.

But there is no option to refer to the second and third dimension member? I am pretty much looking for a {Level 05:second} and {Level 05:third} option - but this does not work.
Ole Arp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:25:35 AM(UTC)
Ole Arp

Hi Steffen

Unfortunately that is not possible. Dynamic captions only works for first, last and all as you write.
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Ole Arp

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.