en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:52:28 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Customer

I have two crosstabs with the same comparison in both, the only difference is that one of the crosstab has local criteria = "posting period <= previous month".

The comparison has four groups of finance accounts, for example:
Group 1 = Account number 1, 2, 5, 7
Group 2 = Account number 3, 9, 100, 210
Group 3 = Account number 200, 300, 100
Group 4 = Account number 99, 103

Since I didn't figure out any other way than to solve it with two crosstabs, it's not possible to compare between the two. I want to compare amount posted in "Group 1" with no date critera vs <= previous month, same for group 2, 3, 4 and so on.

Is there any way to do this and still have the amount posted presented in groups?
Michael Andersen  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:07:32 AM(UTC)
Michael Andersen

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly then you need to create two Comparisons in your first crosstab.

The Vertical account comparison that you have already created for Group 1, 2, 3 and 4 but then an additional comparison that is horizontal where you look at time, one element here has no criteria where the other one is looking at Dynamic time "previous month"

UserPostedImage

Is this what you are looking for ?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:24:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SO  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:29:15 AM(UTC)
SO

Originally Posted by: Michael Andersen Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

If I understand your question correctly then you need to create two Comparisons in your first crosstab.

The Vertical account comparison that you have already created for Group 1, 2, 3 and 4 but then an additional comparison that is horizontal where you look at time, one element here has no criteria where the other one is looking at Dynamic time "previous month"

UserPostedImage

Is this what you are looking for ?

Thanks! I tried to make two comparisons at first, but my mistake was to make two similar comparison and add time to one of them.

One comparison for the groups and one comparison for the time I didn't think of, thanks a lot!
SO  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:53:29 AM(UTC)
SO

This lead me to another problem.

I made a new calculated column called "Difference" to calculate the difference between those two columns, but this column won't show the total difference, only differences on each row and subtoals for each group.

Is it possible to add a row which calculate the grand total for each the three columns?

I tried a "work around" and duplicated the two columns, then I get the total but my dynamic caption doesn't pick up the dates from the two original columns.
Niels Thomsen  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:18:02 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi

Yes you can certainly add a Total as a calculated row. Just pick the Calculations tab and choose the Total:
UserPostedImage

This leaves you with Totals for everything but your calculated Column:
UserPostedImage

You must edit the calculation – you’ll find in the top left corner of the calculation Tab:
UserPostedImage

And choose Calculation in Intersection:
UserPostedImage

And finally set the checkmark to Calculate the Difference also in the Intersection:
UserPostedImage
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

SO  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:28:40 PM(UTC)
SO

Thanks for the help. I have never noticed the "calculate in intersection" button.

After adding this I notice that my color and gauge agent in the "Difference" column doesn't work in the Totals row. Is it possible to turn it on/off somewhere?
Niels Thomsen  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:46:39 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Unfortunately no. You can't reach the intersection cell with a color agent.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen