en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steffen Davidsen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:58:09 AM(UTC)
Steffen Davidsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hola!

I have made a comparison on a local district dimension. Unfortunately this removes the possibility to do multiple drill-downs on the dimension members (comparison). Does anyone know, if there is a possibility to work around this problem? We do a lot of benchmarking in which users can choose three or four elements from a table with a drill-down to do further analysis. Unfortunately the dimension in it self is too messy without the comparison. Will it need to be coded in the cube?

Also. What is the "flush intelligence" option in the User preferences? Or more correct, what kind of intelligence is it?

Best regards,
Steffen Davidsen

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:19:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 10:34:00 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Steffen

The intelligence part first. The TARGIT client learns a little bit about you as you design analysis and make choices concerning layout.

E.g. you may choose to show Invoice Amount statistics in a horizontal barchart. If you then use a shortcut in TARGIT - right click the Invoice Amount in source data and choose to add as object you may find that the client by default chooses to create a horizontal barchart. Also if your favorite choise is Compact Hierarchies in crosstabs, this will also be recorded in an xml-file in a folder containing your User Preferences. When you flush intelligence these choices are forgotten and TARGIT is ignorant of your favorite Visualization choices.

On the comparison part - could you possible provide a screenshot of the precise problem at hand?

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

Ole  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 1:52:44 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Steffen,

Although it may sound fairly simple to multi-select comparison elements and then get the combined result from those selections, it is not. And that is from a database query point of view that things get complicated.

So, unfortunately you are quite right: You cannot multi-select on comparison elements.

Maybe other users have been wishing the same. You may add your idea to our Feedback forum: http://targit.uservoice.com

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring