en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeppe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:35:46 PM(UTC)
Jeppe

Groups: extranet\Forum

Is it possible to create a global filter on identical dimensions in different SSAS databases in an analysis.

Ex. two different objects in the same analysis from two different SSAS databases that share an identical Date dimension.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:09:59 AM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

If I have to answer your question strictly as it has been put forward, the short answer is “No”. You cannot create one global filter on identical dimensions from different SSAS databases. I am interpreting different SSAS databases as different SSAS projects in this context.

However, you can create one global filter for shared (and thus identical) dimensions from different cubes. To achieve this you must have one SSAS project with multiple cubes, sharing the same pool of dimensions. The dimension(s) from which you wish to create shared global criteria must be included in all the cubes you wish to be affected.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:19:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring